Saturday, September 13th, marked the day of the 8th annual Babes in Bikeland event, bringing over 400 women / transgender / femme bike riders together to roam the streets of Minneapolis.
Take care to note that this was a 20+ mile bike race, the distance depending on the efficiency of your mapped route. With both a manifest of destinations and a time limit provided, how you finished (or mapped your route) was up to you! This is no small feat for even those familiar with the territory of St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota. So, you may ask, what made so many individuals want to participate in this annual race? What makes this race so special?
The answer to that definitely presented itself before the day of the race. Continue reading →
Riot Fest is a big festival with tons of great bands and acts that you should not miss. Here’s our guide to what we think will blow your mind!
We won’t be starting till later in the evening Friday. We want to be able to hang the entire night, and not kill ourselves prior to an entire day of fun Saturday and Sunday. We’re getting old. Continue reading →
Today, the Denver She Devils (including myself, Kirsten) start making our way to Minneapolis for the annual Babes in Bikeland race. It’ll be great to see old friends, make new, and have a blast during this race! Follow the Denver She Devils on Facebook to keep up to date on what’s happening in Minneapolis!
Ladies, if you’re looking for a great way to get back into riding or just looking for a new group of gals to ride with, please come join the She Devils for a weekly ride, or contact the She Devils through Facebook. Continue reading →
As a recent graduate of the 20’s, here’s a reflection of my (Kirsten’s) 30th birthday.
Welcome to the 30’s – so far, so good. Pictured: Kirsten Ebey, July 2014
A Few Things that I Learned in my 20s:
- Encourage, congratulate, and be genuinely happy for other people. It’s so awesome to see those around you succeed, and you’ll totally have your time.
- The more I constantly give, the more I’ll constantly receive.
- Karma totally exists; watch yourself.
- Always take business seriously, and rarely ever take yourself seriously.
- Ask for help. Ask for help. Ask for help.
- Admit when you’ve done the stupidest thing ever, and then make a joke about it.
- McDonald’s is the devil. It’s never okay to eat. Ever.
- Tell the people you care about that you love them; tell them often. Even though it seems like they’ll never leave, they sure as hell won’t be around forever.
- Singing makes everything much, much better.
- Remember the things you did as a kid that made you the most happy? Now, go do them as an adult.
After last year’s craziness, we can’t wait for this year’s Zombie Crawl. More info coming soon, but to get registered right away, click here.
Here’s the tentative agenda for the day, October 18th:
- 9:00 am – Organ Trail
- 12:00 – Makeup and costume help
- 2:00 pm – Kickoff!
- 3:00 pm – Widows Bane
- 3:55 pm – Thriller!
- 4:00 pm – Zombie Crawl Parade down 16th St.
- 5:30 pm – Costume Contests @ Skyline Park
- 8:00 pm – Zombie Crawl after parties at Casselman’s and Meadowlark
For more info, visit the official site to look into “Killer Deal” wrist bands (totally getting these this year for deals on food & beer!) and other info regarding the after parties. Zombie Prom, anyone?! Yes, please!
DenverSpeax hopes to have a big crew there, so please don’t be shy and contact us if you’d like to hang! Let’s get a big group together and have a blast at this *FREE* event. Maybe include a little bike riding action in our sweet get ups?!
Hang out with us on Facebook.
Check out more of our adventures on Instagram: @denverspeax
More of a twitterhead? : @denverspeax
Taking a trip to the Denver Botanic Gardens not only revitalizes your mind and spirit, but can also help with reconnection for different levels of relationships. It’s not hard to relax and admire the beauty surrounding you with someone else!
We last saw the Chihuly Exhibit a few years ago in Grand Rapids, Michigan, at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park; when we heard it was coming to Denver, we could hardly wait, remembering how beautiful it was in one of our home towns.
As an added bonus, from now until November 30th, you can check out the amazing Chihuly exhibit at our very own Denver Botanic Gardens.
Chihuly Exhibit. Photo Credit: Kirsten Ebey, Sept 2014
Continue reading →
You must be logged in to post a comment.