Last year, we spent a lot of time at Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium. This year was totally different; thanks to a friend passing along 4 tickets, we were able to see one Bronco’s game – Broncos Vs. Raiders in Game 10. Oddly enough, we saw the Broncos play the Raiders last year; maybe we should just start a tradition?
Games can be frustrating, and for many more reasons beyond terrible runs and hurt players. We recognize this, and made a list of Helpful Hints & Tips for when you, your family, and friends head down to Mile High Stadium to watch the Broncos play. Of course, a lot of these can be applied to any sports game or concert viewing…
Helpful Hints & Tips for Going to see Broncos Games:
- Only specific bags & purse sizes are allowed inside the stadium. To make sure your bag makes the cut, click here for the Stadium Bag Policy. Also, “Bag checks” have started popping up outside of the stadium; much like a coat check, you’re able to leave your bag for the duration of the game for a fee. We’re not going to recommend the ladder as we haven’t tried it – not too keen on leaving personal belongings with stranger danger. If you happen to check it out, let us know how it goes!
- When the sun goes down and the temps drop, you will freeze. Dress in layers so that in the beginning of the game, you can sit on your layers, creating a cushion for your butt. When the sun goes down, you’ll have all of these warm, snuggly clothes to layer on. Today, we wore our snowboarding clothing!
- Transportation to the Game is Easy. Instead of paying a bajillion dollars to park your car, try Lyft, a local taxi, Uber, Bus Routes, or the Light Rail. All of which could be far less expensive (depending on where you live). With other means of transportation, you don’t have to worry about driving after you’ve had a few drinks. Be responsible and think ahead.
- Transportation Leaving the Game is Annoying. There are lines for taxis. There are lines to get out of whatever parking lot. Actually, there are lines for everything,
annnnnd everyone is leaving at the same time. This is where public transportation really comes in handy, even if it’s just to get you out of the Mile High Stadium area. If you don’t mind walking a few blocks down Federal, catch the 16 Bus ($2.25, baby!) and take it into downtown Denver. There, you can catch dinner, a drink, or even just a better chance at getting some sort of cab.
- Hangout for Halftime. Get your snacks and take your bathroom breaks at the beginning of the second quarter, and the middle to end of the third. Time it out so you don’t spend the majority of your time standing in line instead of watching the game.
- The West Side of the Stadium is Cold, & the East Side of the Stadium is Warm. West is in the shade, and East is in the sun. Simple as that. Again, dress accordingly.
What tips and tricks have you learned over the years watching your fave Denver football team? Share them with us so we can spread the Game Day cheer and reduce the hassle.
Until next time, LET’S GO BRONCOS! It’s Playoff time, friends.
Click here, or on any pics above, to check us out on Facebook.