Did you know that Colorado’s actually home to more than a dozen classical music festivals? Totally true!
Colorado Public Radio wrote an awesome article detailing all of the festivals, and even put together a sweet map. For more info, click HERE.
FUN FACT: Not sure if you knew this or not, but yours truly (Kirsten) played various instruments in multiple symphonies and orchestras in the US and Czech Republic! it was an awesome time, and made me the person I am today. Read on to check out our favorites.
- Bravo! Vail: July 1 – August 6
- Voted 1 of the TOP 10 “Can’t Miss” Classical Music Fests in the US.
- Features the Vail residency of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, The Philadelphia Orchestra, and the New York Philharmonic.
- National Repertory Orchestra: June 5 – July 31
- A non-profit organized to assist young musicians with real-world insight into what it looks like to play for a symphony; also, provides invaluable experience with various types of music and the rigor of every-day life as a member of a symphony. In other words – awesome prep for young musicians, and a non-profit we should all support!
- Conductor Michael Stern leading the festival orchestra in Mahler’s Symphony No. 5.
- Crested Butte Music Festival: June 25th – Aug 9th
- 19th year, presenting over 50 events this summer with over 150 world-class, award-winning artists from 12 countries.
- Educational programs in every genre offered!
Hope to see you at these different events – can you imagine listening to this incredible music with the brilliant backdrops our beautiful state has to offer? Amazing. See you there!
Follow our fun on Instagram
Do you Facebook? Like us!