A Monday Sunrise
Rise & Shine – A Saturday Morning In Denver
Remember to Breathe
“Life is a moving, breathing thing. We have to be willing to constantly evolve. Perfection is constant transformation.”
Follow DenverSpeax on Instagram: @denverspeax
I Heart Denver… the Store!
There’s a store that loves Denver just as much as we do, and it’s located in the Denver Pavilions on the 16th Street Mall.
Unlike other touristy shops around that area, this is a place for proud natives, excited newcomers, and curious tourists alike, selling ONLY local apparel, artwork, and other fun gifts. They support over 150 local, Colorado artists! Know what’s even cooler? 70% of the sales in the store go back to the artists and business-owners so that they can keep doing what they do. Continue reading
How To Pick Where to Live in Denver
To some, downtown Denver looks like this map to the left. Lots of sturdy neighborhood names that can be chopped into quirky little nicknames, like “LoHi” (lower Highlands), “Cap Hill” (Capitol Hill), and “LoDo” (Lower Downtown).
It can get confusing, frustrating, and pretty depressing trying to figure out where to live in Denver proper. Not only that, with apartments and homes going faster than they’re being listed, “acting fast” a lot of times is too slow.
We’ve lived here for four years, and are hoping this guide will help you to narrow down where you should live in Denver. We hope it’ll allow you to make those quick decisions when scouring the city for apartments. Continue reading
Things I Learned in my 20’s
As a recent graduate of the 20’s, here’s a reflection of my (Kirsten’s) 30th birthday.
A Few Things that I Learned in my 20s:
- Encourage, congratulate, and be genuinely happy for other people. It’s so awesome to see those around you succeed, and you’ll totally have your time.
- The more I constantly give, the more I’ll constantly receive.
- Karma totally exists; watch yourself.
- Always take business seriously, and rarely ever take yourself seriously.
- Ask for help. Ask for help. Ask for help.
- Admit when you’ve done the stupidest thing ever, and then make a joke about it.
- McDonald’s is the devil. It’s never okay to eat. Ever.
- Tell the people you care about that you love them; tell them often. Even though it seems like they’ll never leave, they sure as hell won’t be around forever.
- Singing makes everything much, much better.
- Remember the things you did as a kid that made you the most happy? Now, go do them as an adult.
Sorry for our brief hiatus – lots of life has happened recently, as it does with us all. Watch this video and get rejuvenated. This little kid has a big message that’s contagious, and we wanted to make sure we spread the love. Check out Kid President, and let life happen.
You must be logged in to post a comment.